What I’ve noticed as a Discord server administrator over the past year+:
- People like to know the rules of the communities they participate in.
- I don’t always know what administration actions people want taken.
- People often disagree with my decisions.
What I’ve noticed as a Discord server participant over the past year+:
- I like to know what rules the community expects me to follow.
- I rarely voice my suggestions to administrators.
- I sometimes disagree with the administration decisions taken.
- Make rules+agreements+guidelines visible and explicit.
- Create a clear process for people to have their suggestions heard.
- Make decisions based off of community needs.
I intend to build a bot for discord servers which does all the administration automatically based off of voting to address these points.