In the past few months I have been enjoying, thinking about, and watching countless videos of Hearthstone.
I think the biggest reason I enjoy it is that I have been practicing explaining my ideas and working together on strategies with people.
Some of the games complexities include:
- Evaluating the strengths of cards to include in decks
- Choosing combinations of cards that work well together
- Evaluating strategies that have a possibility of leading to a victory
- Guessing what your opponent’s deck is
- Guessing what your opponent has in your hand
- Being conscious of what information you give to your opponent
- Intentionally misleading your opponent by giving information
I don’t like that paying money for in-game cards can give an advantage. Let’s see if I end up enjoying it long enough to earn good cards.